Coast Mountain Expeditions – Advanced Kayaking Skills
Tidal Rapids Adventure: Open the box, stretch yourself and get wet!
• Kayak design: similarities and differences
• Moving water: theory and reality
• Kayak handling and maneuvering: theory and practice
• Strokes, eddying, edging, bracing, maneuvers
• On-water fun and practice. First day we will try new skills and play in Surge Narrows, near Discovery Islands Lodge. Day two we’ll solidify skills and maybe head up to Okisollo for surfing the big wave.
Prerequisites: Having basic-good rolling skills is highly desirable. Appropriate personal equipment. You should be a little daring and have a good sense of adventure. Or just come along to watch a friend: there are beautiful places to sit and enjoy the on-water entertainment! Two days of instruction and skills practice; accommodation & meals at Discovery Islands Lodge.
High Performance Tidal Rapids Kayaking
Surf Kayaking Whitewater — Take it to the Limits!
Come with some solid skills and we’ll show you how to have some big fun! We’ll paddle or power-boat to where the waves will offer best thrills for the day. We’ll show you where and tell you how to get on the wave. The rest is yours to explore and figure out… practice makes perfect and high adrenaline is a given. We’ll have a safety boat and an experienced paddler/guide to make sure the day is super-fun and safe.
BYO paddle jacket, etc. Whitewater and high performance sea kayaks available for rent.
Best tides/dates vary depending on your abilities — contact us!